cFos Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating registered version?

3 posters

Go down

Updating registered version? Empty Re: Updating registered version?

Post by cFos Support Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:24 am

You can always contact the mainboard vendor and ask for the latest version of the cFosSpeed OEM version. All of them have an version that works with Windows 11.
cFos Support
cFos Support
cFos Admin
cFos Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by dtander Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:46 am

Stephandgab wrote:I have the same problem. I have an OEM version from ASUS with no visible License. Right in the middle of setting up Win 11 and it advises need to update cFosSpeed. The only option seems to be pushed to purchase a new copy or the Shareware that will expire in 30 says, with my current copy becoming invalidated. The Dev here seems to be asleep on most post responses for months if not years. Not a good way to run a business. There should be an Upgrade area.

I bought a new copy. Yeah, this kind of neglect is pretty common in the shareware world. They took the money tho'...

dtander
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephandgab Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:28 pm

I have the same problem. I have an OEM version from ASUS with no visible License. Right in the middle of setting up Win 11 and it advises need to update cFosSpeed. The only option seems to be pushed to purchase a new copy or the Shareware that will expire in 30 says, with my current copy becoming invalidated. The Dev here seems to be asleep on most post responses for months if not years. Not a good way to run a business. There should be an Upgrade area.

Stephandgab
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1

Back to top Go down

Updating registered version? Empty Is this information still valid in Sept. 2022?

Post by dtander Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:17 pm

I have a licenced version of cFosSpeed that came with my ASUS motherboard, that I need to upgrade before I upgrade to Windows 11. However the link below takes me to a site where I can download the shareware, which invalidates my licence, or pay for the latest version. I can see no other alternative. Can this information be updated or clarified please?

dtander
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

Stephandgab likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cFos Support Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:33 am

If you get a cFosSpeed OEM version delivered by a motherboard vendor you always need to get updates from the motherboard vendor.

See details here:

ASUS:
http://www.cfos.de/en/asus/

ASRock:
https://www.cfos.de/en/asrock/

Gigabyte:
https://www.cfos.de/en/gigabyte/

MSI:
https://www.cfos.de/en/msi/
cFos Support
cFos Support
cFos Admin
cFos Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 176

Back to top Go down

Updating registered version? Empty Updating registered version?

Post by Markus O. Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:47 pm

I bought a mainboard which included a cFosSpeed license.

cFosSpeed told me that my version was 10.21 and that 10.24 was the most recent version. So I told it to download an install the update.

The installation told me that installing a shareware version would invalidate my license. I ignored that warning.

Now I have a 30-day unregisted shareware of 10.24 running.

How to run an update without losing the license information?

Markus O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down