cFos Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some new problem coming up I've never seen

Go down

Some new problem coming up I've never seen Empty Re: Some new problem coming up I've never seen

Post by Fadeout Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:51 am

Right now I don't have time to run more tests.

I've installed the free version of Kaspersky and it doesn't conflict in the same way the new versions of NOD did. So now I'm fine. It was quite a weird issue, though.

Fadeout

Back to top Go down

Some new problem coming up I've never seen Empty Re: Some new problem coming up I've never seen

Post by cFos Support Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:49 am

We would like to have a closer look on this issue:

Please follow this steps:

1. Open the cFosSped console via Start/Programs/cFosSpeed
and enter the command "spd perf on"

2. Rebuild the scenario

3. Open the cFosSped console via Start/Programs/cFosSpeed
and enter the command "spd perf off"

5. Send us all files "trace*.txt" from the cFosSpeed directory by email (see forum avatar):
C:\ProgramData\cFos\cFosSpeed
cFos Support
cFos Support
cFos Admin
cFos Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadeout Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:21 am

I'm now seeing something really, really, REALLY weird that I cannot explain.

So this morning after uninstalling the antivirus I was able to use cfosspeed just as usual, so I tried installing a version of the same antivirus, but without the "firewall" component. For a while all seemed good.

Today the problem crops up again, just same as yesterday. The only change was that I rebooted, so maybe some component of the antivirus only started worked at the point? I have no idea.

Anyway, I've uninstalled it AGAIN, and after another reboot I now see cfosspeed behaving properly again with shaping on.

The weird thing I noticed is that I'm doing these tests downloading some linux iso from a nearby mirror to be sure of a reliable speed.

WHEN CFOSSPEED IS WORKING PROPERLY: I see the upload at 28k to sustain that 2.1M in download, at 28.4k
WHEN CFOSSPEED IS MISBEHAVING: I see the upload being around 45k for a download speed of 1.6M, and even when I disable traffic shaping I'd see the download speed up to 2.1M but with the upload being around 56k

So, for some reason when things don't work I have a much higher upload to sustain just the same download speed (I'm not uploading anything, it's just the upload bandwidth required for that download speed).

How the hell is this even possible?

I'm not posting "spd speed" as requested because right now with the antivirus uninstalled everything works again. If the problem crops up I'll post cfospeed stats both when properly working and when not.

Fadeout

Back to top Go down

Post by cFos Support Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:46 am

Please post the output of the cFosSpeed console command "spd speed"

Code:
C:\Program Files\cFosSpeed>spd speed
cFos Support
cFos Support
cFos Admin
cFos Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadeout Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:08 am

Well, I cannot edit, of course.

Here's the problem: I've been using a very old version of cfosspeed without a problem. In fact I haven't updated it because it did its job perfectly.

Today a new problems crops up even if I haven't updated or touched anything at all. After a bunch of tests I even updated for the first time cfosspeed to the last beta version, but it behaves EXACTLY as the version I had all this time.

The problem is that I should normally see download speed of 2.1Mb in kilobytes, I think. If I disable traffic shaping, then I get that speed, as soon I enable traffic shaping the speed goes down to around 1.6Mb, so losing a good chuck. I've tried to reset/recalibrate, and this makes the speed go up to where it should be, but only for a short time before going down again.

I've tried changing rx_width and rx_delay but without seeing any change at all no matter what value I try.

If I select through the menu "calibrate line", speed goes back to where it should be, then continues to decrease until it stabilizes again to around 1.6Mb.

This has NEVER happened to me in years I've used the program. I have no idea what's wrong. I have updated my antivirus that has some firewall active now, but .....

I've now uninstalled the antivirus and now cfospeed works as it always did. Even with traffic shaping on it still gives top download speed.

So, it was actually the antivirus/firewall, and the problem was there even if I turned off the protection. Only a complete uninstall made this problem go away. Since the problem got fixed by turning off traffic shaping I just didn't think the antivirus could be the one causing the problem.

The antivirus was ESET Smart Security. Maybe someone else could end up with this problem as well, it must be some incompatibility and even adding rules to the firewall for Cfosspeed and its service produced any improvement...

Fadeout

Back to top Go down

Some new problem coming up I've never seen Empty Some new problem coming up I've never seen

Post by Fadeout Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:38 am

Trying to see if I can post a message without registering, if it works I'll edit the text.

Fadeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down