Regards

loxia_01
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

Back to top Go down

cFosICS: Enhancement request Empty Re: cFosICS: Enhancement request

Post by cfoslars on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:45 pm

I would like to send you a new version of cFosICS that I built based on your input. It would really help us if you could test these new versions so we might get it to work. Can you contact me at the e-mail address you find to the right in the image of my avatar? Then I can send you the new test version by e-mail. That would be great!
cfoslars
cfoslars
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by loxia_01 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:23 pm

OK thanks for input,

unfortunately on my Win 10 1809 system this does not seem to work. I cannot create a new ICS if not all network adapters have sharing disabled. On the other hand, if all network adapters have sharing disabled, everything works.

I receive the following error when running the share command in cFosICS:

Code:
ICS::ss:pass3 error 80040201 enabling sharing as public of connection 5/10
Failed to set ICS: UNKNOWN ERROR.

Regards

loxia_01
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by cfoslars on Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:09 pm

You're right that the disalbe command disables only the public connection. However the share command should work anyway, because it disables in a first step all connections (private or public) that are not to be shared. In a second step the (new) private connection will be set to sharing, if it isn't already in that state. And in a third step, the (new) public connection will be set to sharing, it it isn't already in that state.
cfoslars
cfoslars
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

Back to top Go down

cFosICS: Enhancement request Empty cFosICS: Enhancement request

Post by loxia_01 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:42 pm

I really like cFosICS, the free simple command line tool for Windows ICS management. But the tool has one rather severe shortcoming:

When issuing the cFosICU disable command, only the public network adapter sharing will be disabled. The private network adapter sharing is unaffected by the command. The problem with this is that when trying to enable ICS again for a new adapter set you get an error saying cFosICU has failed to set a new ICS. That is because Windows only accepts setting a new ICS (from command-line), when no network adapters have ICS enabled.

A solution to this problem would be to make the cFosICU disable command disable ICS for both network adapters.

loxia_01
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum