cFos Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All of the Version 11.XX cfosspeed having serious bugs with Windows 7

Go down

All of the Version 11.XX cfosspeed having serious bugs with Windows 7 Empty Re: All of the Version 11.XX cfosspeed having serious bugs with Windows 7

Post by kam Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:39 am

I guess in the version 11.XX, the develop team put many efforts to optimize the driver for Windows 10, a lot of code is added just solely for the purpose to fixing WIN10 related bugs.

Therefore when the latest version 11.XX cfosspeed driver is used on Windows 7, it will crashed the network adapter.

Please consider to separate the development of driver, one for Win7 / 8.1 and one for Win10.

I hope you found this feedback helpful.

Best Regards,
Kam

kam
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

Back to top Go down

All of the Version 11.XX cfosspeed having serious bugs with Windows 7 Empty All of the Version 11.XX cfosspeed having serious bugs with Windows 7

Post by kam Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:05 am

Hello,

I found that the only latest working version for windows 7 is cfosspeed Version 10.50. This is the only version that is working without any serious problems. However, it has throughput issue with Bitdefender installed.

Today, I just clean install 11.08 | 11.10 | 11.11, build 2502 one by one, I try to find out a workable version but all of them having the same serious bugs.
When one of them crashed my computer, I reboot my computer first, uninstalled the problematic cfosspeed version, reboot again and move on to install next versions.

Bug 1)
The network adapter will somehow crashed and no longer working (Can't ping the gateway, router, etc.)
And when it crashed, the network can't bring back by re-enable the network adapter under device manager. It can be only fixed by reboot.

Bug 2)
The setting page and the connection page, which are using web console interface also have bugs
- If using chrome , it will return ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE
- If using firefox, in most of the time, the web interface will stuck in loading status

Above bugs are nothing new, other people also encountering the same issue just like me since 2020. I don't know why but they're still not fixed.
https://cfos.forumieren.de/t214-internet-connection-stall-only-when-traffic-shaping-is-enabled

==============
My Computer Environment
CPU: i7-3770k
RAM: 32GB
Lan: Broadcom 5721 network adapter
With Bitdefender Total Security installed

If I use the cfosspeed Version 10.50, the max download speed is around 50MB/S.
However, the download speed can go up to 100MB/S with version 11.XX. However, the version 11.XX will keep crashing my network connection.

Can cfos team please release a workable version for Windows 7 that will fix the throughput issue. (With Bitdefender Total Security installed) ?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Kam

kam
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

Back to top Go down