Traffic shaping configuration problem preventing internet browsing

Go down

Re: Traffic shaping configuration problem preventing internet browsing

Post by maaaate on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:54 am

I accidentally reinstalled my network drivers, everything seems to be working now, although I still have a higher in-game ping than normal.

maaaate
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Traffic shaping configuration problem preventing internet browsing

Post by maaaate on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:56 am

Hi there.
After being plagued with extreme internet performance issues on my dedicated gaming PC for a long, long time, I tried a hail Mary, factory resetting my computer... Didn't work, so I tried downloading an older set of network drivers from my motherboards product software webpage, including the ASRock Xfast LAN (cfosspeed v10.10) program. This fixed the issue, but I was hoping I could do a little better to improve performance (I live 3000km away from the only CSGO servers in my country). I have an 11.25 mbyte/s download speed, and 5mbyte/s upload. My problem is that trying to configure the cfosspeed program has proved difficult.

Upon installing the program and enabling traffic shaping (both in ping prioritisation and bandwidth modes), calibrating the line with speedtest.net download/upload speed testing (webpage loaded *very* slowly, I assumed it was due to calibration needing to figure out whats' what), and finally setting up csgo priority to highest through the program settings, I became unable to browse the internet on google chrome, internet explorer, and through steam's in-game web browser. My ping also noticeably increased in matches (averaging 68ms instead of 58) - I suspect routing through steams datagram service was disrupted or slowed somehow.

Through tinkering I realised some protocols that chrome use were put on low/normal priority (specifically SSL, HTTP and an 'unknown' protocol). I put those protocols onto high/er, and I was able to open some webpages. Various websites are still unable to load correctly, some websites load very quickly, but aspects of the page don't load or aren't functioning; in youtube, the video player won't buffer/ load, in twitch.tv, UI options don't load (clicking 'sign in' on twitch.tv opens a dialogue box on the page, but it's blank). Even in the cfos speed test webpage there are issues, while the website is able to load, clicking the RX and TX buttons only result in the wheel animation spinning, but the test will never actually commence. It's almost as if the multimedia / HTML5 protocols are disabled, but I've checked all the client, special, server and media protocol settings and anything I thought was related to the browser working I have already set to normal or high. Setting everything to normal did not work either.

Disabling traffic shaping fixes all the problems, and the websites, browsers and in-game latency work as normal.

I have changed a fair few settings in my network device; disabled microsoft QoS, lowered receive and transmit buffers to the smallest size - 80 (I am using a 4.4GHz 8-core i7 5960x cpu), disabled power-saving settings, disabled offload settings, flow control, interrupt moderation, packet priority etc. I have left side scaling enabled, on queue mode 2.
I'm not sure if these settings may have interfered with how the cfos traffic shaping works, but any advise on how to get the program running optimally would be extremely helpful.

Cheers.

maaaate
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum