cFos Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet connection stall only when Traffic Shaping is enabled

5 posters

Go down

Internet connection stall only when Traffic Shaping is enabled Empty Re: Internet connection stall only when Traffic Shaping is enabled

Post by mr. Sam Tue May 12, 2020 8:01 pm

Same here, version 10.50.2338 works just fine.
With version 11.02 uploading is impossible, its unusable.
I had to revert back to 10.50 to solve the issue..

What was changed in between those versions??

mr. Sam
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1

Back to top Go down

Internet connection stall only when Traffic Shaping is enabled Empty Re: Internet connection stall only when Traffic Shaping is enabled

Post by senchi Sat May 09, 2020 1:00 pm

for me its just the latest builds, revo uninstaller did not solve the problem, I came back to 11.01.2433 and everything is working again.

senchi

Back to top Go down

Post by cFos Support Mon May 04, 2020 9:51 am

Please try the latest cFosSpeed 11 Beta version (build 2432 or higher)
from https://www.cfos.de/de/beta/index.htm
cFos Support
cFos Support
cFos Admin
cFos Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 176

Back to top Go down

Internet connection stall only when Traffic Shaping is enabled Empty Same problem

Post by hackz Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:22 pm

I'm running Windows 2004 (the latest version) and I was using the 10.50 without problems, right after installing cfosspeed v. 11.00 my internet was working great.

Until now when it stopped working, my first thought was uninstall all recent programs and I did one by one until I remove the cfosspeed.

What was my surprise when my internet started working again. I have been using cfosspeed since version 6.10 (2010 version) and I have never had any problems, this is the first time that I have a problem using a "stable" version.

Info for the developers:
Windows 10 2004 (64 bits) + Hyper-V installed (I don't think this is the problem, since cfosspeed 11.00 was working until today)

I tried everything to make it work again.. uninstalled the cfosspeed, removed the configurations (from C:\ProgramData), checked the firewall, everything. If you have any thought or wish I can try to reproduce the error.

I hope to see this bug fixed soon, until then I will continue using cfosspeed v.10.50.

hackz
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Flay Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:16 pm

Uninstalled v11 from my win 7 laptop and reinstalled. Mixed results.
Note: I did not clear the registry, only used the standard uninstall.

I now have a connection with shaping enabled but the other 2 bugs are still there.
The preferences pages served via localhost do not work, so I am unable to confirm if traffic shaping is active or calibration is working.
Sometimes the first loading of a page shows an incomplete page lacking any images. Refreshing or loading them again generates an error;
localhost sent an invalid response.
ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE

Speeds reported in the desktop window are still impossible, such as peaking at around 150M with a download test.

****EDIT***
Update: I managed to get the preference page to function after clicking back and forward in the browser a few times.
I changed a few settings; Enabled Automatic RWIN expansion, disabled prioritise foreground task, Activate Firewall, enabled Automatic MSS (MTU) Optimisation and Strict RTP checks.
Then reset my calibration info. As soon as the calibration info was reset I lost connection again and no pages load.
Disabling traffic shaping restores connection.

I also found another bug.
In the windows programs and features panel clicking on the "Change" option, opens an empty window with a non-existent file and folder
"C:\Program Files\cFosSpeed\dialog\netconfig.cfhta"
Dr.Flay
Dr.Flay
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Flay Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:33 pm

With v11 I have the same problem but on my Win 7 laptop.
If traffic shaping is enabled I have no connection.

2 other bugs also noticed;
The preferences pages are not accessible either with traffic shaping enabled or disabled.

Using the net with traffic shaping disabled I see it is reporting impossible speeds for my connection.
I am on a 4g wifi hotspot and apparently I am now uploading at 50M !

I will try removing everything and a fresh install.

Note, no problem on my backup laptop with win 10, updating over a previous version of cfos
Dr.Flay
Dr.Flay
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by powdke Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:10 am

I installed cfosspeed v11 on a fresh new install of windows 10 and the internet stopped working. If I use revo uninstaller, and then try installing again, it might work ?

powdke

Back to top Go down

Post by Algalord Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:48 pm

An update on the issue:
- Uninstalling cFosSpeed using Revo Uninstaller or similar tool and removing every possible trace (folders and registry entries) prior to installing the new version made it work.

Glad to be able to use cFosSpeed v11 but uninstalling cFosSpeed using a third party (often paid) tool shouldn't be needed for a simple version upgrade.

Algalord
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

Back to top Go down

Internet connection stall only when Traffic Shaping is enabled Empty Internet connection stall only when Traffic Shaping is enabled

Post by Algalord Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:14 am

Since version 10.59.2415 Beta, every new version of CfosSpeed makes my Internet connection stall, including version 11.00.2420.

As soon as I disable Traffic Shaping or roll back cFosSpeed to version 10.50.2338, the Internet connection starts working again.

Until version 10.59.2414, everything worked. The problem started with version 10.59.2415.

I have cFosSpeed installed on three computers at home and the same problem happens in all of them. Tested using Windows 10 v1909 (at least 18363.753, 778 and 815) and even v2004 (build 19041.207), wired and wireless.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you understand or reproduce this problem.

I'd really like to start using cFosSpeed 11.

Thanks in advance!

Algalord
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down