cFos Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are maxidump & minidump?

Go down

What are maxidump & minidump? Empty Re: What are maxidump & minidump?

Post by mtjmohr Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:21 pm

I am happy that my "non-help" did help you ... ;-)

mtjmohr
cFos Junior
cFos Junior

Anzahl der Beiträge : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by jordibcn1974 Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:45 pm

Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro 20H2.

I think both files are created by Windows, as a "crash error log", because version 11.04 gave me some frequent errors, so I've upgraded to 11.10, and zero errors for now and neither file are created.

Thanks for you help anyway

jordibcn1974

Back to top Go down

Post by mtjmohr Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:57 am

Hello, jordibcn1974,

it would be most helpful to know under which version of the Microsoft Windows operating system you are working - could you be so nice to display it here (e. g. Windows 10 professional, build 907)?

looking at my own system under the above-mentioned Microsoft Windows version, I cannot find a file called "maxidump". However, there are some "minidump" files which either have to do with some not so often used browser alternatives and / or Borland's BCC as a separate installation and, additionally, with some APIs of totally different origin.

My first a bit uneducated guess here is therefore that these two files have nothing to do with cFosSpeed per se.

Surely they seem to be dynamically generated and maintained. Have you ever tried looking into them with a hex editor or a similar tool to get a glimpse of where they might originate from?

Best regards

Markus

mtjmohr
cFos Junior
cFos Junior

Anzahl der Beiträge : 65

Back to top Go down

What are maxidump & minidump? Empty What are maxidump & minidump?

Post by jordibcn1974 Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:38 am

Hi, I'm using cfos 11.04, and in the installation foler there is 2 files, maxidump and minidump.
Right now, minidump is 964MB size and maxidump is 1GB.

Can someone tell me what are this 2 files for? And is there any way to configure the program to reduce it's size automatically?

Thanks Very Happy

jordibcn1974

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum