cFos Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cfosspeed Service crashing - Restarting itself

5 posters

Go down

cfosspeed Service crashing - Restarting itself Empty Re: cfosspeed Service crashing - Restarting itself

Post by tin_yeuk Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:08 am

cFos Support wrote:please check the latest beta build 2446 from today.
https://www.cfos.de/en/beta/

Whats new: https://www.cfos.de/en/beta/cfosspeed-whats-new.htm

Thanks for looking into this issue, I had it running for a few days, no one single crash! It's all good.

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 30

Back to top Go down

cfosspeed Service crashing - Restarting itself Empty Re: cfosspeed Service crashing - Restarting itself

Post by cFos Chris Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:10 pm

Very good! Thanks for testing!
cFos Chris
cFos Chris
cFos Moderator
cFos Moderator

Anzahl der Beiträge : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by starfrak Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:08 am

cFos Support wrote:please check the latest beta build 2446 from today.

Very Happy Both problems are gone, no more logs here, thank you!

starfrak
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by cFos Support Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:15 pm

please check the latest beta build 2446 from today.

cFos Support
cFos Support
cFos Admin
cFos Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by cFos Chris Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:40 pm

I know that this problem exists and we're looking to solve it, but it's a tricky one. So far, we could not find the source, but we keep working on it.
cFos Chris
cFos Chris
cFos Moderator
cFos Moderator

Anzahl der Beiträge : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by tin_yeuk Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:06 am

With the latest beta, I am still getting heaps of service crashes once my network upload speed going up about 40MB/s, here is the crash:

SYSTEM EVENT LOGS
"The cFosSpeed System Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: Restart the service."

APPLICATION EVENT LOGS
Faulting application name: spd.exe, version: 11.5.2444.0, time stamp: 0x5f084df5
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.207, time stamp: 0xcad89ab4
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000fdec9
Faulting process ID: 0x11b8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d65cb2fc130742
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\cFosSpeed\spd.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 9b9fb5ba-b1df-4a9f-8ab0-85ca44e6e3e6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Windows 10 64 bit latest version.

As mentioned before, I'm sure this issue can easily reproduced, by testing a fibre connection and make the network busy for a few hours, leave the machine turned on for a few hours. The check the Windows Event logs. You should see a lot of cFosSpeed service crash errors.

Please don't ignore the crash just because the service restarts itself, that's pretty bad.

Also, Windows 10 limits the number how many times a service can crash, after that number the service won't restart itself again.

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by starfrak Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:05 am

cFos Support wrote:Please watch out the cFosSpeed beta what's new list to follow up our development:
https://www.cfos.de/en/beta/cfosspeed-whats-new.htm

Hi!

I have just 6Mb in ADSL (715Kb/s max download), the service keep crashing and restarting itself (7 times in 8 hours viewing my System logs, but latest beta has no crashes in Application logs).

starfrak
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by cFos Support Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:42 am

cFos Support
cFos Support
cFos Admin
cFos Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by tin_yeuk Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:17 am

I am getting this issue as well. The service keeps crashing from time to time until Windows reject the service from restarting as it crashed too many times. It seems to happen when there's quite a lot of connections opened and going at a very high speed. I'm on a 1Gbps connection, I have a feeling the software is not thoroughly tested with high speed connections and in heavy load. I would suggest test this software with 1000+ connections at a speed of 50MB/s upload & download. This should reproduce this issue. The service seems cannot handle a fibre connection.

Also, when there is a service crash, it's a good idea to catch the exception and send this back to the server of why it crashed, so you can debug the issue. Currently the service just restarts itself, to be honest, if this is not captured in the server, no one will be able to pick up this crash unless you check the Windows Event logs.

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by metalspider Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:52 am

ive noticed this issue too since installing windows build 2004.running latest beta version of cfosspeed 11.5.2441 but also had it with the last stable version 11.04 .

metalspider
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 12

Back to top Go down

cfosspeed Service crashing - Restarting itself Empty cfosspeed Service crashing - Restarting itself

Post by starfrak Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Hi,

I got a problem (but everything looks normal) in Windows 10 with cfosspeed,

I got this in the Event Viewer:

From Application logs:

Faulting application name: spd.exe, version: 11.5.2441.0, time stamp: 0x5edf93a3
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000028
Faulting process id: 0x2b54
Faulting application start time: 0x01d640c5b147c9ff
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\cFosSpeed\spd.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 23c22462-cb9d-4b8a-8f40-d0465ee01a92
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

And from System logs this (multiple times per day):

The cFosSpeed System Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: Restart the service.

My Windows version is 19041.329

I have seen this error with every 11.0+ version.

Any ideas or help?

Thank you!

starfrak
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down