cFos Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange problem with download of new builds

2 posters

Go down

Strange problem with download of new builds Empty Re: Strange problem with download of new builds

Post by givemeatip Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:54 am

Well, I uninstalled Cfosspeed and this time I selected to delete all the directories. I'm seeing too many bug reports besides my own bug reports, not sure if Cfosspeed is even working at all in these latest betas. I'll wait for a new beta or preferably a new stable version to install it again. Thank you.

givemeatip
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 15

Back to top Go down

Strange problem with download of new builds Empty Re: Strange problem with download of new builds

Post by givemeatip Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:31 am

I just want to confirm that the other bug I mentioned in my previous reply (cfosspeed icon disappearing from systray sometimes) continues to exist. It seems to only happen when my TV is plugged at my notebook.

givemeatip
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by givemeatip Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:23 am

cFos Support wrote:Fresh install could be:
1. Uninstall cFosSpeed (incl. all directories)
2. Reboot the System
3. Install the latest build

I did that yesterday, but I didn't select the optional directories for exclusion, does that make a big difference? Another bug that I was having where cfosspeed sometimes would randomly disappear from the systray seems to be fixed now (however I didn't test plugging my TV on the notebook, which changes how things appear in the display and could be related to this bug too).

givemeatip
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by cFos Support Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:53 am

Fresh install could be:
1. Uninstall cFosSpeed (incl. all directories)
2. Reboot the System
3. Install the latest build
cFos Support
cFos Support
cFos Admin
cFos Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by givemeatip Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:32 am

cFos Support wrote:We moved this request from the old post, as it does have nothing to do with the changelog information.

What happens if you do a fresh install of cFosSpeed with the latest beta version from
https://www.cfos.de/beta ?

Well, I'm with it right now - latest beta version (11.05.2456). I will have to wait for the next version to test it again. I think cfosspeed automatically uninstalls the old version, right? But each new version seems to be coming with this bug. What do you mean by fresh install? Just manually uninstalling a version and then installing a new version will do the trick? Will I lose all my preferences and calibration data?

givemeatip
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by cFos Support Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:51 am

We moved this request from the old post, as it does have nothing to do with the changelog information.

What happens if you do a fresh install of cFosSpeed with the latest beta version from
https://www.cfos.de/beta ?
cFos Support
cFos Support
cFos Admin
cFos Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 176

Back to top Go down

Strange problem with download of new builds Empty Strange problem with download of new builds

Post by givemeatip Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:49 pm

I'm having a weird problem. Whenever Cfosspeed finds a new version when I check for updates, if I click at the notification to open the link where we can download the new build, my internet connection goes down and then restarts. This has been happening since many builds ago.

givemeatip
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down