cFos Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v11.06 BSOD - system thread exception not handled

+4
metalspider
El Narizon
MichaW
tin_yeuk
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

v11.06 BSOD - system thread exception not handled Empty Re: v11.06 BSOD - system thread exception not handled

Post by conchuotduy Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:10 pm

bcmwl63a.sys+150bea

Ver 12 Dump BSOD  Sad Broadcom WiFi Driver wireless driver

v11.06 BSOD - system thread exception not handled 29n3A9E

conchuotduy
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1

Back to top Go down

v11.06 BSOD - system thread exception not handled Empty Re: v11.06 BSOD - system thread exception not handled

Post by chmichael Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:33 pm

tin_yeuk wrote:
I'm getting this as well, the bug is posted here https://cfos.forumieren.de/t276-periodic-freezes-with-a-1-gigabit-fibre-connection , I'm not sure if the developer will look into this as only a few people is having this issue. My machine needs to be 24/7 up time and cannot have this kind of mouse freezes as the connection speed will spike up and down which drags down my speed. And older versions can only reach 60MB/s for download, but my download can go up to 120MB/s.  I would therefore have to let go this software which I have used for many years.

I do not agree with you. Since 11.04 does not have this issue so it's a bug and it should be fixed.
Simple imagine a new user to download and test cfosspeed with this bug.
Also i guess a large amount of people do not contact support neither or post bugs into forums.
And last i have a 100mbit connection.

chmichael
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by tin_yeuk Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:05 am

chmichael wrote:with 11.08 No BSOD but mouse lags & audio pauses while having youtube in the background listening music ...

I'm getting this as well, the bug is posted here https://cfos.forumieren.de/t276-periodic-freezes-with-a-1-gigabit-fibre-connection , I'm not sure if the developer will look into this as only a few people is having this issue. My machine needs to be 24/7 up time and cannot have this kind of mouse freezes as the connection speed will spike up and down which drags down my speed. And older versions can only reach 60MB/s for download, but my download can go up to 120MB/s. I would therefore have to let go this software which I have used for many years.

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by chmichael Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:19 am

with 11.08 No BSOD but mouse lags & audio pauses while having youtube in the background listening music ...

chmichael
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

v11.06 BSOD - system thread exception not handled Empty BSOD Fixed ;)

Post by DjBenny Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:46 pm

I Think Now Is Okay With The Latest Beta Version 11.07 build 2470.. I Have Downloaded 3 Movies 80GB While Listening YouTube, Surfing The interNet And Uploading Some Song In Alot Of Diferent Cloud Storages... I Don`t Know What Is Fixed But My LapTop Didn`t Shut Down...! Soo BSOD Is Fixed Wink Thanks Alot cFosSpeed For Fixing This Big Problem... God Bless The Team Wink

DjBenny

Back to top Go down

Post by chmichael Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:28 am

Me too with KMODE BSOD. Back to 11.04!

chmichael
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by metalspider Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:49 am

after running without cfosspeed for a few days and having no audio issues.im now trying 11.07.disabled "Automatically set the priority of the process in foreground window to high." and so far so good but i havent been testing for long.but i could usually stress things pretty fast with a heavy download.

as for a BSOD we'll see those dont happen so quickly for me.

metalspider
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexV Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:25 pm

or just try the latest beta v11.07 build 2470

AlexV

Back to top Go down

v11.06 BSOD - system thread exception not handled Empty crash

Post by flyg Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:25 pm

right click Cfos icon in taskbar beside time

goto traffic shaping and then choose open cfos console (last option)

a cmd prompt will appear already in the correct location

type in

spd gset copy_oob 0 -sav

and press return

flyg

Back to top Go down

v11.06 BSOD - system thread exception not handled Empty Test ok

Post by GlopGlop31 Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Test ok 👍 no BSOD Very Happy

GlopGlop31
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 6

Back to top Go down

v11.06 BSOD - system thread exception not handled Empty Meaning...?

Post by DjBenny Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:18 pm

How to run spd gset copy_oob 0 -save ...? Can You Please Explane it.???

DjBenny

Back to top Go down

Post by flyg Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:30 am

after running spd gset copy_oob 0 -save and installing latest Cfos i am no longer crashing.

Machine been used for 8 hours now and uploading 20gb to dropbox while watching youtube.

flyg

Back to top Go down

Post by tin_yeuk Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:37 am

AlexV wrote:@cFos Chris

Did some first tests, and seems so solve the Problem.
What was the standard setting for copy_oob? spd gset copy_oob 1? Just to test if crashes again if i switch.

Also bisher nach einigen Upload Tests läuft es bei mir. Konnte nur noch nicht so lang testen, und hatte cFosSpeed erst jetzt wieder neu installiert.
Um einen gegentest zu machen ob der BSOD noch auftritt, also diesen zu erzwingen, reicht es die command line "spd gset copy_oob 1 -save" einzugeben?

@tin_yeuk
In 2020 4 Cores are not "high end". Of course also depends how old the CPU is.
With my 12 year old Intel Core 2 Quad and a 1gbit Cable Connection, the Web Speedtests via Chrome were really CPU demanding. The speedtest.net "APP" for Windows 7/10 runs much better.
Of course now with latest 8 Core CPUs i do not have such Problem.

Yeah, the thing is the freeze is not there after uninstalled cFosSpeed. Also, the mouse freeze also happens when torrenting when cFosSpeed is installed. After cFosSpeed is uninstalled, I don't get any more mouse freeze.

Are you implicitly saying that we need 8 cores to run cFosSpeed? How many people have this top end machines?

Just to let you know v11.04 have no such issues, no BSOD, no mouse freezes. I still think we have introduced some bugs in 11.06

Also, instead of scaling vertically to circumvent the issue, we should fix the actual bug, scaling vertically is not going to fix the root cause of the issue

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexV Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:14 am

@cFos Chris

Did some first tests, and seems so solve the Problem.
What was the standard setting for copy_oob? spd gset copy_oob 1? Just to test if crashes again if i switch.

Also bisher nach einigen Upload Tests läuft es bei mir. Konnte nur noch nicht so lang testen, und hatte cFosSpeed erst jetzt wieder neu installiert.
Um einen gegentest zu machen ob der BSOD noch auftritt, also diesen zu erzwingen, reicht es die command line "spd gset copy_oob 1 -save" einzugeben?

@tin_yeuk
In 2020 4 Cores are not "high end". Of course also depends how old the CPU is.
With my 12 year old Intel Core 2 Quad and a 1gbit Cable Connection, the Web Speedtests via Chrome were really CPU demanding. The speedtest.net "APP" for Windows 7/10 runs much better.
Of course now with latest 8 Core CPUs i do not have such Problem.

AlexV

Back to top Go down

Post by tin_yeuk Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:53 am

cFos Chris wrote:If any of you tries this out, please report to me if it helps. Unfortunately, we're unable to reproduce the bug here. I guess that this bug is triggered only when several things come together, which, for whatever reason, don't come together here. This is why we are so happy if you get back to us with reports. Thanks in advance!

Hi Chris,

This setting does seem to help to avoid the BSOD, but I cannot do a long run test (e.g. 1-2 days) because my mouse is very jerky / keep freezing all the time after installing cFosSpeed, I have to give up the testing and letting it run on my machine as my machine pretty much become unusable.

Just wonder, Chris, are you actually testing cFosSpeed on a fibre connection or just on an ADSL connection when you do the testing? I can tell you the results can be very different. If you just simply go to speedtest.net on a Chrome browser, and do a test, if freezes my machine constantly. With this constant freeze, my speed download test only can reach about half of my download (120MB/s). But without cFosSpeed, I can run full speed test with a download of 120MB/s. Something is really going strange here, it seems cFosSpeed is pulling all my OS threads!

Just to let you know my machine is a high end machine, plenty of RAM and SSD storage, 3.6GHZ 4 CPU cores.

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

v11.06 BSOD - system thread exception not handled Empty I am testing...

Post by GlopGlop31 Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:33 pm

Good evening,
I am testing and doing a return tomorrow morning if no BSODs.
Thanks to the team

Bonsoir,
Je teste et fais un retour demain matin si pas de BSOD.
Merci à l'équipe

GlopGlop31
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by cFos Chris Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:59 pm

If any of you tries this out, please report to me if it helps. Unfortunately, we're unable to reproduce the bug here. I guess that this bug is triggered only when several things come together, which, for whatever reason, don't come together here. This is why we are so happy if you get back to us with reports. Thanks in advance!
cFos Chris
cFos Chris
cFos Moderator
cFos Moderator

Anzahl der Beiträge : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by cFos Chris Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:55 am

We are trying to find the cause of this crash. We have a hypothesis that the crash happens because of issues with OOB data copied.

Please use the following command:

spd gset copy_oob 0 -save

and see if that helps to avoid the crash.
cFos Chris
cFos Chris
cFos Moderator
cFos Moderator

Anzahl der Beiträge : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexV Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:32 am

I also had Bluescreens while uploading large Files via FTP, or while speedtesting with "speedtest.net"
Bot BSOD was "kmode exception not handled"

AlexV

Back to top Go down

Post by metalspider Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:24 pm

i set it to minimal which seemed to help for a while but now that im running without cfosspeed installed its on adaptive again and seems ok.had a few audio crackles now but when i tested dpc latency that wasnt it.the crackles were also very small and not so noticeable so idk.
when it was really bad i saw the tcpip.sys driver in latencymon was the issue.so that's a networking driver.

im also using a focusrite scarlett 2i2 2nd gen usb interface as my main sound card.with the asio buffer size on the lowest possible rate of 16 to get as little latency as possible when i use guitar related vst plugins.
running windows 10 version 2004 (OS build 19041.572)

metalspider
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by flyg Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:35 pm

what did you set your interrupt moderation rate to? Im on adaptive right now and ive had audio issues and stuttering mouse issues for a while now as well - never occurred to me it could have been cfos. I do see this new version does address jerky mouse movements by halfling number of threads - will love to test that once a version is out that doesn't crash.

flyg

Back to top Go down

Post by metalspider Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:02 pm

installed v1106 and had a bsod less then 24 hours later.i've also had some dpc latency issues when downloading torrents heavily which i blamed my intel i219-v for but that seems to be doing much better with cfosspeed uninstalled.
no more audio crackles etc.also no more system grinding to a halt and mouse being sluggish.
the dpc latency and audio crackling issue has been an ongoing issue for me for many builds now for at least a year.was partially solved by lowering interrupt moderation settings in the intel driver but for the past couple of days with cfosspeed uninstalled i dont seem to have any audio issues anymore.

really sad to have to not use this program for now.been using it since 2006.

metalspider
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by El Narizon Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:19 pm

flyg wrote:Same here - on 11.04.2440 i am rock solid - no issues at all.

Weeks after I removed the broken beta I even cannot install the 11.04.2440 anymore, something deeply borked the system back then.

cFosSpeed_Setup_Log.txt:
https://pastebin.com/jJ5NZ7wF
El Narizon
El Narizon
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by flyg Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:50 pm

in regards to high usage and crashes, im currently uploading 25gb to dropbox and getting the crashes after about 1-2mins on 11.06.2462

flyg

Back to top Go down

v11.06 BSOD - system thread exception not handled Empty Crash

Post by flyg Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:41 pm

Same here - on 11.04.2440 i am rock solid - no issues at all.

Install 11.06.2462 either way (full uninstall then reinstall or in place upgrade - doesn't matter) - kmode exception blue screen errors. Have tested this 3 times now - only when i install 11.06.2462 does my computer become unstable.

Running Windows 10 20H2

flyg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next