cFos Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow download speed

4 posters

Go down

Slow download speed Empty Re: Slow download speed

Post by metalspider Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:04 am

Pasha wrote:
metalspider wrote:you should be able to do an upgrade installation with the iso
I am updating from 'Windows Update', the updates:
- 2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows (KB4586781)
- Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2
are not intended for my version of Windows 10 and therefore are not offered for installation. These updates are for windows 10 2004 or 20H2. You suggest that I upgrade to one of these versions and at the same time install?:
junk:
Sorry, but I don't need this. No

unless your pc is running some mission critical stuff in a production environment there's really no point running it on the LTSB branch.
i use to have issues with windows enterprise causing event log errors due to the windows store updates check that i solved by getting a windows pro key instead.cant say i noticed any difference between the 2 versions for what i need.

metalspider
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by tin_yeuk Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:31 pm

Pasha wrote:
are not intended for my version of Windows 10 and therefore are not offered for installation. These updates are for windows 10 2004 or 20H2. You suggest that I upgrade to one of these versions and at the same time install?:
junk:

Just had a look on Google how to update Windows enterprise, but yeah, you need to download an ISO in order to upgrade, it's a lot more work than Windows Home / Pro where it just downloads and do the update itself.

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Pasha Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:14 pm

junk:

Pasha
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by metalspider Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:52 pm

Pasha wrote:
tin_yeuk wrote:

From your description, it sounds like the issue is similar to the one I posted here https://cfos.forumieren.de/t276-periodic-freezes-with-a-1-gigabit-fibre-connection, where the connection spikes up and down which drags down the connection speed. The issue was gone after installing these 2 Windows updates:

Is your Windows update to date with the feature updates installed? Are u on Windows 10?
Hey.
To install these updates, I have to reinstall windows, because I am using windows 10 enterprise ltsc 1809.

you should be able to do an upgrade installation with the iso

metalspider
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Pasha Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:36 am

tin_yeuk wrote:

From your description, it sounds like the issue is similar to the one I posted here https://cfos.forumieren.de/t276-periodic-freezes-with-a-1-gigabit-fibre-connection, where the connection spikes up and down which drags down the connection speed. The issue was gone after installing these 2 Windows updates:

Is your Windows update to date with the feature updates installed? Are u on Windows 10?
Hey.
To install these updates, I have to reinstall windows, because I am using windows 10 enterprise ltsc 1809.

Pasha
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by tin_yeuk Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:21 am

Pasha wrote:
tin_yeuk wrote:
Hi,

I've tried TCP Optimizer before, it doesn't really make much difference in speed. The speed that makes the difference is your line speed, e.g. whether is ADSL, VDSL or fibre. Windows Internet settings defaults should be left untouched. Are you getting full speed after cFosSpeed is uninstalled when you do the same speed test at speedtest.net? There is an option in TCP Optimizer to reset to Windows defaults. If you get full speed after cFosSpeed is uninstalled, then it may have something to do with cFosSpeed, but we should find out this first.
Hey.
I did as you suggested:
1) removed cfosspeed, restored Windows settings in TCP Optimizer: 95 Mbps
2) installed cfosspeed-v1109-build2480, calibrated the line, did not change cfosspeed settings, at the beginning of the test the arrow jumped to the maximum speed (~ 95 Mbps) for a split second and immediately dropped to 30 Mbps, then slowly rose to 50 Mbps: total 47 Mbps

Hi,

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by Pasha Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:53 pm

tin_yeuk wrote:
Hi,

I've tried TCP Optimizer before, it doesn't really make much difference in speed. The speed that makes the difference is your line speed, e.g. whether is ADSL, VDSL or fibre. Windows Internet settings defaults should be left untouched. Are you getting full speed after cFosSpeed is uninstalled when you do the same speed test at speedtest.net? There is an option in TCP Optimizer to reset to Windows defaults. If you get full speed after cFosSpeed is uninstalled, then it may have something to do with cFosSpeed, but we should find out this first.
Hey.
I did as you suggested:
1) removed cfosspeed, restored Windows settings in TCP Optimizer: 95 Mbps
2) installed cfosspeed-v1109-build2480, calibrated the line, did not change cfosspeed settings, at the beginning of the test the arrow jumped to the maximum speed (~ 95 Mbps) for a split second and immediately dropped to 30 Mbps, then slowly rose to 50 Mbps: total 47 Mbps

Pasha
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by El Narizon Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:20 pm

2480 looking good on my side, crossing fingers.
I did two reboots and it still works as intended.
El Narizon
El Narizon
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by tin_yeuk Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:32 pm

Pasha wrote:Hey.
Thanks for the advice, but nothing has changed, the speed is also almost two times slower, I can take a screenshot, but take my word for it.
Settings in cfosspeed by default, because I don't quite understand what to choose in the connection type, I left adaptive.
Previously, I used TCPOptimizer preset optimal + mtu 1492 for tuning, could this negatively affect the download speed with cfosspeed installed?

Hi,

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Slow download speed Empty 2.Slow download speed

Post by Pasha Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:22 pm

Hey.
Thanks for the advice, but nothing has changed, the speed is also almost two times slower, I can take a screenshot, but take my word for it.
Settings in cfosspeed by default, because I don't quite understand what to choose in the connection type, I left adaptive.
Previously, I used TCPOptimizer preset optimal + mtu 1492 for tuning, could this negatively affect the download speed with cfosspeed installed?

Pasha

Back to top Go down

Post by tin_yeuk Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:37 pm

Pasha wrote:Download speed in the all next beta versions after cfosspeed-v1105-build2454 decreased by half.
Windows 10 x64
Connection: GPON 100 Mbps

Hi,

I suggest you download the latest beta (which is quite rock solid so far from my testing) https://www.cfos.de/en-us/beta/index.htm 11.09.2480 . The latest stable / beta version support 1Gbps fibre connection, and I can reach my full speed 120MB/s download & 62MB/s upload.

After install, do a speed test at speedtest.net, pick your local test provider, right before the speed test start, go Traffic Shaping -> Calibrate line.

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Slow download speed Empty Slow download speed

Post by Pasha Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:37 pm

Download speed in the all next beta versions after cfosspeed-v1105-build2454 decreased by half.
Windows 10 x64
Connection: GPON 100 Mbps

Pasha

Back to top Go down