cFos Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Periodic freezes with a 1 gigabit fibre connection

3 posters

Go down

Periodic freezes with a 1 gigabit fibre connection Empty Re: Periodic freezes with a 1 gigabit fibre connection

Post by metalspider Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:57 pm

im still seeing ndis.sys causing issues in latencymon with those windows updates installed but havent had any audio issues yet.

metalspider
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 12

Back to top Go down

Periodic freezes with a 1 gigabit fibre connection Empty Re: Periodic freezes with a 1 gigabit fibre connection

Post by chmichael Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:51 pm

tin_yeuk wrote:It looks like the periodic freezes are no longer happening on my machine after installing these 2 latest windows updates:

- 2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows (KB4586781)
- Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2

Nothing new / changed on my machine except installing these 2 updates.

Yeap, i did the same thing and the problem is solved! It seems it was a windows bug!

chmichael
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by tin_yeuk Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:42 am

It looks like the periodic freezes are no longer happening on my machine after installing these 2 latest windows updates:

- 2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows (KB4586781)
- Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2

Nothing new / changed on my machine except installing these 2 updates.

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by chmichael Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:37 pm

I have the same issue with 11.08 and 100mbit connection.

chmichael
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by metalspider Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:37 am

had some more audio stutters with 11.07 while uploading in torrent program and downloading in steam or from a website with http but this time its ndis.sys that is causing the issue instead of tcpip.sys both those drivers are networking drivers.
uninstalling cfosspeed solved the issue Sad

metalspider
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by metalspider Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:44 pm

ive had audio stutters and mouse freezes with previous versions even on my 100mbit connection.
tried some other traffic shapping program for a couple of days that didnt cause these latency issues so i guess its something in the cfos driver or process

metalspider
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by tin_yeuk Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:34 pm

metalspider wrote:after installing 11.07 i still had no issues.after a reboot i see ndis.sys is causing some latency issues in latencymon when downloading heavily.i only have a 100mbit down 5mbit up connection though.

what is the process priority of cfosspeed.exe on your system?
ive tried disabling
"Prioritize process in foreground window

Automatically set the priority of the process in foreground window to high."

Hi,

The process priority for both spd.exe and cfosspeed. exe is normal. I've tried already disable the automatically set the priority process in foreground window to high, but it didnt make any difference. I have a feeling this issue only happpens for high speed connections.

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by metalspider Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:07 pm

after installing 11.07 i still had no issues.after a reboot i see ndis.sys is causing some latency issues in latencymon when downloading heavily.i only have a 100mbit down 5mbit up connection though.

what is the process priority of cfosspeed.exe on your system?
ive tried disabling
"Prioritize process in foreground window

Automatically set the priority of the process in foreground window to high."

metalspider
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Periodic freezes with a 1 gigabit fibre connection Empty Periodic freezes with a 1 gigabit fibre connection

Post by tin_yeuk Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:53 am

I am having the issue of constant OS / mouse freezes with 11.06 / 11.07 latest beta.

My connection speed is 120MB/s (download), 65MB/s upload.

The freeze happens whenever:
(1) Doing a speed test at speedtest.net using Edge / Chrome
(2) Doing a speed test using the speedtest Windows app
(3) When networks starts becoming busy
(4) Sometimes also happen when just doing some browsing

Notes:

Once or twice, the very first fresh install of cFosSpeed doesn't seem have the freeze. But it will start happening after a REBOOT

CPU still have a lot of spare capacity when freeze happens.

After uninstalling cFosSpeed, system is back to normal. There is no error in the Windows Event logs.

When the freeze happens, the connection speed drops to near 0, and then go back to top speed. It spikes up and down.

I am wondering if anyone have this issue with a high speed internet connection?

tin_yeuk
Newbies
Newbies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down