cFos Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Favor Ping Time" or "Favor Bandwidth"?

Go down

"Favor Ping Time" or "Favor Bandwidth"? Empty favoring ping time / favoring bandwidth

Post by spiderx Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:14 pm

check with like fast.com - it shows how your ping time is affected by your upload. When playing online games, esp with voice, your upload can sometimes make your pings higher, like if you are using / sending voice. setting to 'favor ping' should throttle your uploads to a point where it won't affect your ping, and your uploads should spike less.

spiderx

Back to top Go down

"Favor Ping Time" or "Favor Bandwidth"? Empty "Favor Ping Time" or "Favor Bandwidth"?

Post by givemeatip Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:39 am

So, I'm in doubt about this setting. I do many tests with the Speedtest app (I put Speedtest app to the highest priority in cfosspeed) and I seem to only get maximum download speed results of my 300/30 Mbps (download/upload) fiber connection when I set cfosspeed to "Favor Bandwitdth". While my ping doesn't seem to be affected when I set cfosspeed to "Favor Ping time" (it always alternates between 6 and 7 in the tests) but the download speed results go significantly down sometimes in this "Favor Ping time" mode. So I ask, is it better to put cfosspeed in "Favor Bandwidth" mode?

Sometimes I play online on games with servers that are very far from where I live, in such scenarios which mode would be better? Thank you.

Note: the tests are done on a wireless 5Ghz connection (N/AC mixed mode) with MU-MIMO and explicit/implicit Beamforming activated, with a TP-Link Archer T4U adapter (v3.20) and an Asus RT-AC59U router, on a Dell Inspiron 14R 5421 with i7, with Windows 10 Pro 2004 build (all updates applied). Cfosspeed is always on the latest beta version (right now 11.05.2456).

givemeatip
Newbies
Newbies

Anzahl der Beiträge : 15

Back to top Go down